Friday, December 2, 2011

My name is Evan... I like to dance

Evan's verbal skills have grown by leaps and bounds and it seems like it has happened overnight.
Evan was being bad and colored on some stuff around the house. He said, "I colored it." How can I even be mad. I said, yes you did color it. Ok, in our house coloring on paper is encouraged but coloring on stuff is not reprimanded, he is just brought back to the paper.
Last night he was following dogs around a park howling at them. And this morning when somebaby woke up at five, we watched a little baby Einsteins and he said every animal that was on the screen (including bear which I didn't know he knew). He also learned that owls say hoot. The kid is brilliant. He has at least 10 animals in his word bank and 3 include sounds.
People tell me that they only mimic at this age, but when you pull together a sentence, with proper tense mind you, it's cognition and memory there. But the mimic thing still happens but now its funner. I am teaching him to say my name is Evan. I like to dance (Yo gabba gabba reference. It's our new favorite show, I have gotten over the fact that the red one looks like an adult toy. Brobee won me over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment